Meeting the needs–physical and spiritual–of citizens with disabilities in Clarksville-Montgomery County, Tennessee.
HOW THE RAMPS for CHRIST MINISTRY WORKS
Any citizen of Montgomery County, Tennessee (citizen), whose disability to navigate steps prevents or compromises entrance to or exit from his/her home may request a ramp. Such requests may be made directly to the RAMPS for CHRIST Ministry or indirectly via referral. Ramp recipients are responsible for the cost of the required lumber.
The RAMPS for CHRIST Ministry does the following free of charge:
- 1Takes measurements of site where ramp is to be installed
- 2Calculates quantity of lumber required and cost thereof
- 3Informs citizen of lumber cost up front
- 4Discusses method of payment with citizen
- 5At citizen’s request, suggests potential sources of funding
- 6Prepares contract and gets citizen’s signature
- 7Picks up lumber for citizen
- 8Prepares invoice for cost of lumber and submits to citizen and/or funding agency
- 9Prefabricates ramp at RAMPS shop
- 10Transports ramp to citizen’s site
- 11Installs ramp
- 12At citizen’s request, removes ramp if/when no longer needed